Wednesday 10 November 2010

You load 16 tons and what do you get?

Another day older and deeper in debt. St peter don't you call me because i can't go
I owe my soul to the company stove.

Classic from the 1950's at 1955 it was the highest selling single, pretty impressive.

I've decided to turn my attention from work and really focus on my piano since it seems to be the only thing keeping me sane. Practised for the entire day. Learned a very beautiful piece. At the end of today i've looked back on my progress and realised to what end did i practise this?

To quench my hunger for learning, impress others or out of sheer boredom. When you don't know the answer then a daunting truth hits, a voice that says 'No one will hear this piece' In essense is my day wasted? No.

I look back on today and say, i havnt practised like that for years. The dynamics of this piece still need attention and that will only come after it becomes fluent. However, i have learned a new style of playing that i had only seen being used. With this realisation, i know that this song i learned so that someone would fall in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment